We are Runnymede Cars LTD, a private limited liability company established in England and Wales, registered under the company number 12829086 and having its offices at Office No. G11, Charter Place, Uxbridge, England, UB8 1JG.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and +44 02036336766 / +44 01784664088 .
We have given certain words a defined meaning. These are set out below:
“1998 Act” means the Private Hire Vehicles (London) Act 1998
"1976 Act" means the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
(Together the “Acts”)
“RCL” means Runnymede Cars LTD or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“we” or “us”).
"Phone/App/Website Services" means the services provided to you by RCL, consisting of:
(a) access to and use of RCL's Call centre, mobile application(s) and/or website(s) which enable you to request and receive RCL Provided Services and/or Third-Party Services; and/or
(b) payment collection and payment processing services (including issuing invoices and receipts on behalf of Third-Party Providers) allowing us to charge you and to pay charges into the bank account of RCL or Third-Party Providers, as the case may be, and RCL may engage affiliates or third parties to provide these payment collection and payment processing services on its behalf.
“Booking” means a booking of RCL Transportation Services.
“Legislation” means the Acts and any regulations made pursuant to the Acts, including any related local government regulations pertaining to the operation of PHVs.
"PHV" means private hire vehicle.
“RCL Transportation Service” means the provision of the passenger journey which is the subject of a booking accepted by RCL as set out in these Terms.
- a. These terms cover your access and use of RCL’s Call centre App(s)/Website(s) Services
- b. You must read carefully and agree to the Terms prior to accessing and using RCL’s App(s)/Website(s) Services. These Terms expressly supersede prior agreements or arrangements about the App(s)/Websites Services (as defined below)
- c. By using RCL's Call centre App(s)/Website(s) Services, you confirm you accept these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use RCL’s App(s)/Website(s) Services. We recommend that you keep a copy of these terms for future reference.
- d. If we have to contact you, we will do so by push notification from RCL's mobile application, phone call, text message or email, using the details you provided to us on registration for RCL's mobile application. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails, texts and push notifications.
- e. Unless otherwise agreed separately in writing, the Call centre App(s)/Website(s) Services are made available to you for your personal non-commercial use in the United Kingdom only.
2. RCL Transportation Services
3. Privacy Notice
1. RCL collects, uses and discloses information from or about you as described in RCL’s Privacy Notice. Additional privacy notices may apply, including from third party controllers, for RCL Provided Services or Third-Party Services. We will notify you when such notices apply to you.
4. Charges and Payment
a. Charges for RCL Transportation Services.
- i. If you make a request through RCL’s Call centre, mobile applications and/or websites, you agree to pay the relevant charges as described in RCL’s confirmation, mobile applications and/or websites and will be responsible for any charges or fees linked to your account.
- ii. Depending on the RCL Provided Service used, including, but not limited to, its location, the charges may be displayed on RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites before a request is placed. In other cases, the charges will depend on your use of the RCL Provided Services. We may provide an estimate of these charges. Please be aware that the final amount charged to you may be different from the estimate.
- iii. You may be charged supplementary charges, costs and/or fines, for your use or misuse of RCL Provided Services (such as repair or cleaning fees).
- iv. In some cases, if the RCL Provided Services cannot be performed due to your action or inaction (for example, if you are not present at the pick-up or delivery location to receive a delivery), all charges may apply.
- v. Once the RCL Provided Service has been provided, we may issue you with an invoice from RCL. The invoice will include VAT, if applicable.
- vi. For more information about charges and supplementary charges, fees, costs and/or fines specific to the relevant RCL Provided Service. contact us at email@example.com or +44 1784664088The charges may be modified in RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites from time to time.
- b. The charges do not include tips. Where available, you may pay tips, either in person or through RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites. We will collect tips paid through RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites on your behalf and remit them.
- c. Unless otherwise agreed, all charges are due immediately upon a request being placed and payment will be facilitated by RCL using the preferred payment method associated with your account, after which RCL will send you a receipt by email. If your primary payment method is not able to be charged, RCL may use a secondary payment method if available. If your payment method(s) are unavailable, we reserve the right to continue to try to take payment.
- d. Charges are inclusive of applicable taxes including VAT unless specifically stated otherwise.
- 1. In some cases, you do not have the right to cancel the request for the RCL Provided Services once it has been accepted. However, for certain RCL Provided Services, RCL or the (as appropriate) may allow you to cancel the request, but you may be charged a cancellation fee.
- 2. RCL may refuse requests and cancel the RCL Provided Services if there is reasonable doubt about the correctness or authenticity of the request or about the contact information. In this case too, a cancellation fee may be charged. We may also end any contract in place between you and RCL.
- a) You are free at all times to use the App(s)/Website(s) Services (where and when available) and may terminate these Terms and the App(s)/Website(s) Services by closing your account.
- b) We may terminate these Terms and your access to the App(s)/Website(s) Services with immediate effect if we conclude that there is a breach by you of these Terms or any other agreement between you and RCL for the provision of RCL services.
- c) RCL may, in its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or discontinue the App(s)/Website(s) Services at any time by giving you reasonable advance notice in writing.
- d) If we cannot charge the relevant charges to your preferred payment method we may suspend or remove your access to the App(s)/Website(s) Services until payment is made.
- e) You must immediately pay any outstanding charges due to RCL by you upon termination. Any such charges will survive termination and we reserve all rights to collect payment after termination.
7. Your liability and Indemnity
- a) You are liable for any damage suffered by us as a result of your violation of these Terms, your misuse of the App(s)/Website(s) Services and RCL Products or your violation of any laws or third-party rights. You are liable for all activities conducted through your account unless such activities are not authorised by you and you are not otherwise negligent.
- b) In order to have access to the App(s)/Websites(s) Services, you agree to indemnify, defend (at our option) and hold us and our respective officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, expenses, damages, penalties, fines, social security contributions and taxes arising out of or related to a breach of these Terms, breach of applicable law or third party claims directly or indirectly related to your use of RCL Provided Services generally.
8. Limitation of Liability
- a) Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any liability which cannot legally be limited or excluded, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence and liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or alters your rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded under applicable law.
- b) RCL, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, workers, agents and/or subcontractors are not liable under or in relation to these Terms including, but not limited to, liability in contract, tort (including negligence, misrepresentation), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any of the following arising out of or in connection with the use of the App(s)/Website(s) Services and/or RCL Products made available through the Call centre App(s)/Website(s) Services:
- (i) loss of profits;
- (ii) loss of sales or business;
- (iii) loss of agreements or contracts;
- (iv) loss of anticipated savings;
- (v) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- (vi) loss of or damage to goodwill.
- (vii) indirect or consequential loss.
c) RCL, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, workers, agents and/or subcontractors are not liable for:
- ii. in relation to RCL Transportation Services, any Booking that is not accepted or is otherwise cancelled by RCL.
- iii. damages or losses arising from any transaction between you and a Third-Party Provider;
- iv. the availability and accuracy of the content, products or services of the Third-Party Provider; or
- v. delay or failure in performance resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control.
- d) Our total liability to you, arising out of these Terms or their subject matter, or in connection with the provision to you of the App(s)/Website(s) or RCL Products, in contract, tort (including negligence, misrepresentation), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise, shall not exceed five hundred pounds sterling (£500), unless otherwise agreed in relation to a specific RCL Product.
- e) RCL, and its affiliate entities, are not liable for business losses. App(s)/Website(s) Services are provided only for private use. If you use App(s)/Website(s) Services for any commercial or business purpose RCL will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of revenue, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity (whether or not such loss could be reasonably expected to flow from our negligence or breach of these Terms).
- a) RCL may change these Terms from time to time. We will inform you of changes within a reasonable time period. You will be bound by such changes upon their notification to you in RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites and/or by email. If you do not agree with these changes, you are free to close your account in accordance with Section 7.1. These Terms were most recently updated as at the outset of this document.
- b) The invalidity of any provisions in these Terms does not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms. Any such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions shall be deemed deleted.
- c) We may assign, subcontract or transfer these Terms or any of our rights or obligations in them, in whole or in part, without your prior consent, provided this will not lead to a reduction of the rights you are entitled to by virtue of these Terms or by law. We will tell you if this happens. You may not assign, subcontract or transfer these Terms or any of our rights or obligations, in whole or in part, as your use of the RCL’s App(s)/Website(s) is personal, unless agreed otherwise.
- d) These Terms replace all previous agreements relating to your access and use of the App(s)/Website(s) Services. In addition, in the event of any conflict between these Terms and any previous agreements relating to your use of RCL Transportation Services, these Terms shall prevail.
- e) You may be required to accept additional terms to access or use the App(s)/Website(s) Services and/or RCL Products. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the separate agreement, the latter will have precedence unless specified otherwise in the separate agreement.
- f) There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms except as provided for in these Terms.
10. Dispute Resolution Process
In the event of a dispute, we would ask you to raise a complaint using the contact details in the “About Us” section above. In the unlikely event that we cannot resolve the dispute, we will work with you to discuss a way forward to resolve the dispute, which may include mediation. RCL 's right to refer the dispute to a court is expressly reserved. RCL does not commit to using an online dispute resolution platform to resolve consumer disputes.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If you live in England or Wales, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in the English courts.
2. Your Obligations when using the App(s)/Website(s) Services
- a) When using the App(s)/Website(s) Services, you must comply with all applicable laws. You may only use the App(s)/Website(s) Services for lawful purposes and for the purposes for which they were intended as otherwise referenced in these Terms. You must not misuse RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites or attempt to defraud either us or Third-Party Providers.
- b) You must provide accurate and complete information when you register an account and when using the App(s)/Website(s) Services.
- c) Your account is personal to you. Your account cannot be licensed or shared unless expressly permitted by RCL. Once you have set up an account, you:
- i. may not register more than one account unless we agree otherwise in writing;
- ii. may not allow third parties to use your account or transfer your account to a third party;
- iii. must keep your account information accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- iv. must keep your login details safe and confidential at all times; and
- v. must tell us immediately if you have any reason to believe that someone else knows your username or password or if you suspect that someone else is using your account.
- • You will be responsible for paying any fees or charges that may be incurred as a result of the provision of RCL Provided Services requested through your account.
- • You must not, in your use of the App(s)/Website(s) Services, cause any nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third-Party Provider, RCL or any other party.
- • You will not be charged for using the App(s)/Website(s) Services. However, we reserve the right to introduce a usage charge, in which case you will be informed in writing and given the opportunity to terminate these Terms before any such charge is introduced. If you choose to terminate these Terms, you will no longer be able to access or use the App(s)/Website(s) Services.
- • We reserve the right to introduce a fee, and we will inform you, for specific features on RCL 's mobile applications and/or websites, in which case you can decide if you wish to proceed. These may be subject to separate terms, which RCL will make available to you at the time.
3. Do not rely on information made available to you on the App(s)/Website(s) Services. Although RCL makes reasonable efforts to update the information provided through the App(s)/Website(s) Services, RCL makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the mobile applications and/or websites is accurate, complete or up to date.
4. Ownership of and rights in the App(s)/Website(s) Services
- a) RCL reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. The App(s)/Website(s) Services, RCL 's devices and all data gathered through RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites (including all intellectual property rights in all of the foregoing) are and remain RCL 's property or the property of RCL 's licensors.
- b) You may not, and may not allow any other party to: (a) license, sublicense, copy, modify, distribute, create, sell, resell, transfer, or lease any part of RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites; (b) reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites except as allowed under law; (c) launch or cause to launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any part of RCL’s mobile applications and/or websites or data; (d) use, display, or manipulate any of RCL Names, Marks, or Works for any purpose other than to use the App(s)/Website(s) Services; (e) create or register any (i) businesses, (ii) URLs, (iii) domain names, (iv) software application names or titles, or (v) social media handles or profiles that include RCL Names, Marks, or Works or any confusingly or substantially similar mark, name, title, or work; (f) use RCL Names, Marks, or Works as your social media profile picture or wallpaper; (g) purchase keywords (including, but not limited to Google AdWords) that contain any RCL Names, Marks, or Works; or (h) apply to register, reference, use, copy, and/or claim ownership in RCL’s Names, Marks, or Works, or in any confusingly or substantially similar name, mark, title, or work, in any manner for any purposes, alone or in combination with other letters, punctuation, words, symbols, designs, and/or any creative works;
What if there's a problem with my App(s)/Website(s) Services?
If there is a problem with the App(s)/Website(s) Services, or if you have a complaint, please contact us on the details set out in the “About Us “section above.
What if there's a problem with my RCL Transportation Services?
- 1. If there is a problem with RCL Transportation Services, or if you have a complaint, please contact us on the details set out in the “About Us” section above.
- 2. Please note, however, that all private hire vehicles are required by law to hold and maintain PHV insurance in order for drivers to legally carry and transport passengers. If your problem relates to a motor incident, please contact us for your driver's insurance details in order to progress matters. We will not be liable for any matters covered by your driver’s PHV insurance unless and until you have exhausted all potential remedies related to motor accidents.
- 3. If RCL, or its affiliate entities, are liable to you in connection with the Booking Services or RCL Transportation Services, its liability, insofar as is permitted by law, will be limited to an amount equal to £500 in aggregate.
- 4. RCL, and its affiliate entities, are not liable for business losses. RCL Transportation Services are provided only for private use. If you use RCL Transportation Services for any commercial or business purpose RCL will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of revenue, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity (whether or not such loss could be reasonably expected to flow from our negligence or breach of these Terms).
- 5. RCL does not exclude or limit its liability in any way to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, workers, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and for breach of your legal rights in relation to the RCL Transportation Services.